Beginning Welding is a 3-session course; each session is 3 hours. Students will gain a core understanding of how to operate welding equipment safely and get familiar with basic techniques. This class is for hobbyists, makers, artists, or anyone wanting to try something new and challenge themselves a bit in a comfortable collaborative environment.
Check the class times shown to ensure you can make it to every session.
What Not to Wear:
- Do not wear rings or other jewelry.
- No open toe shoes (anywhere in the facility)
- Do not wear clothing made from synthetic or synthetic blends. The synthetic fabric can burn vigorously, melt and produce skin burns.
- Long hair and beards should be securely tied back.
- Currently face masks must be worn in all areas of the facility. A cotton cloth mask is safest around open flame. Your instructor will explain the safe use of face masks around welding equipment.
We will provide:
- Eye protection
- Face hood/shield
- Insulated gloves
- Ear plugs
- Materials for class projects
Upon completion of the class, Ideaworks members may be certified to use the Weldatorium tools unsupervised during business hours with instructor's approval.
Free Month of Membership For First-time students
The class includes a one month associate membership to Ideaworks. This offer is only valid for classes $100 and over. Your associate membership starts on the day of your last scheduled class. If you would like to continue your membership, please visit us here
Current members of Fresno Ideaworks are not eligible for this promotion. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer.