This introductory class focuses on wheel throwing and basic glazing. It is perfect for a group of friends, family, couples or even by yourself (you will make friends in this class, we promise). In this class, you will be learning the basics of forming a ball of clay into a beautiful vase, cup, mug, bowl, or plate using an electric potter's wheel. If you’re feeling especially inspired to take on more… how about a bird feeder or planter!?! The possibilities are endless with pottery.
This class has an extended format, meeting six sessions instead of four and allowing almost a doubling of productive class time. Please be prepared to attend every session! (Note that there will be no class on Thanksgiving, November 24th)
All materials will be provided. Additionally, the items you create go home with you to share with your friends and family. All items made are food, dishwasher, and microwave safe.
What Not to Wear:
- Do wear comfortable clothing that is easily laundered.
- Please trim fingernails short. Long nails make manipulating clay on the potter's wheel very difficult. Similarly, rings, bracelets, and wristwatches will damage your creations.
- Do not wear any dangling jewelry or lanyards that can get caught in machinery.
- Do not wear clothing with loose sleeves or draped or dangling elements that can get caught in machinery
- No open toe shoes (anywhere in the facility)
- Long hair and beards must be securely tied back.
- Currently face masks are recommended but not required in the facility. A cotton cloth mask with ties instead of ear loops must be well secured with no dangling tie ends.
We will provide all materials for class projects.
Upon completion of the class, Ideaworks members may be certified to use the covered ceramics studio tools unsupervised during business hours.
FREE MONTH OF MEMBERSHIP - New members only
This class includes a free one-month conditional membership to Ideaworks. This offer is only valid for classes $100 and over. Your conditional membership starts on the day of your last scheduled class. It is only valid for the same shop areas and tools that were used in class. Your instructor will provide a temporary card verifying that you completed the class and are approved for those tools. If you would like to continue your membership beyond the 30 days, please visit us here:
Current members of Fresno Ideaworks are not eligible for this promotion. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer.