This is an introductory course on how to use the CNC machine with an emphasis on safety. In this class, you will examine the entire work flow of the CNC process, learn how to import geometry, investigate certain editing techniques, and the necessary requirements to create the g-code for tool calibration. This final process will include setting feed and speed, how to input specifications of the raw material, etc. Finally, students will be able learn how to setup the device, how to load and secure materials, and how to set the home position and run a simple job. This introductory class does not include any Computer Aided Design (CAD) instruction.
Upon completion of this introductory class, students will have earned their Programming Level 1. Programming Level 2 can be earned after running a minimum of 5 successful jobs while under instructor supervision. This level includes programming and operation. Unsupervised access will be determined by instructor approval only.
- Basic understanding of Windows File Structure
- Basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
What Not to Wear:
- Do not wear any dangling jewelry or lanyards that can get caught in machinery.
- Do not wear clothing with loose sleeves or draped or dangling elements that can get caught in machinery
- No open toe shoes (anywhere in the facility)
- Long hair and beards should be securely tied back.
- Currently face masks must be worn in all areas of the facility. A cotton cloth mask with ties instead of ear loops must be well secured with no dangling tie ends.
We will provide:
- Eye protection
- Ear plugs if requested
Upon completion of the class and projects, Ideaworks members may be certified to use the CNC unsupervised during business hours with instructor's approval.
FREE MONTH OF MEMBERSHIP - New members only
This class includes a free one-month conditional membership to Ideaworks. This offer is only valid for classes $100 and over. Your conditional membership starts on the day of your last scheduled class. It is only valid for the same shop areas and tools that were used in class. Your instructor will provide a temporary card verifying that you completed the class and are approved for those tools. If you would like to continue your membership beyond the 30 days, please visit us here:
Join usCurrent members of Fresno Ideaworks are not eligible for this promotion. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer.